Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Back

Hola! It's been two years. Crazy how time flies.

With Wilson's sparkly new 50mm lens and my rather new Olympus we're likely to be taking a lot more photos and the Dayre app, albeit convenient, felt too casual for those. So I've decided that I should reserve Dayre for random everyday musings and keep my trusty old blogger for more proper updates.

In the last post, I mentioned that I was going to Bali for Christmas. Since then two more Christmases have came and gone. I've also travelled to Bali another time and flown to a few other places in between. Today, I'll be sharing some visuals from day 1 of my latest escapade to Rawai with my decade old friends!

















The bulk of the day was spent getting the administrative kinks out of the way. The boys went out to rent the bikes which was our main mode of transportation for the few days we were there. At only 250 baht a day it really made moving around so much easier especially since getting a cab in Rawai is rather inconvenient and uneconomical since the beaches and night market we wanted to visit were only about a 10 to 15 minutes ride away. We also spent some time getting to know the area around our accommodation and finished most of our groceries shopping at a nearby supermarket before riding down to the jetty to catch the sunset.

The Rawai trip being our first overseas trip together after 10 years probably explained the surreality of being in a foreign land with this bunch and the feeling that I'm on vacation hadn't really kicked in yet at that point but the night market we went to later that night did the trick! Being in Thailand naturally meant mouthwatering street food and I managed to get my banana pancake and mango sticky rice cravings satisfied. There was also a whole stretch of restaurants opposite a line of roadside vendors selling fresh produce from the sea where you could get your dinner ingredients and bring to the restaurants to have them cooked and served. We skipped it though as it was only the first day and we didn't want to overspend but I thought it'd be cool to try!

I'm still sorting out the remaining photos but I'll be back really soon with more.

Till then!

No comments:

Post a Comment